Goreplay – Open-Source Tool For Capturing And Replaying Live HTTP Traffic Into A Test Environment In Order To Continuously Test Your System With Real Data
GoReplay is an open-source network monitoring tool which can record your live traffic and use it for shadowing, load testing, monitoring and detailed analysis.
As your application grows, the effort required to test it also grows exponentially. GoReplay offers you the simple idea of reusing your existing traffic for testing, which makes it incredibly powerful. Our state of art technique allows you to analyze and record your application traffic without affecting it. This eliminates the risks that come with putting a third party component in the critical path.
GoReplay increases your confidence in code deployments, configuration and infrastructure changes.
GoReplay offers a unique approach for shadowing. Instead of being a proxy, GoReplay listens in the background for traffic on your network interfaces, requiring no changes in your production infrastructure, other than running GoReplay daemon on the same machine as your service.
Check latest documentation.
Download the latest binary from https://github.com/buger/goreplay/releases or compile by yourself.
The most basic setup will be
sudo ./gor --input-raw :8000 --output-stdout which acts like tcpdump. If you already have a test environment, you can start replaying by running:
sudo ./gor --input-raw :8000 --output-http http://staging.env.
See our documentation and the Getting Started page for more info.
Subscribe to our newsletter to stay informed about the latest features and changes to the Gor project.
Want to Upgrade?
We have created a GoReplay PRO extension which provides additional features such as support for binary protocols like Thrift or ProtocolBuffers, saving and replaying from cloud storage, TCP session replication, etc. The PRO version also includes a commercial-friendly license, dedicated support, and it also allows you to support high-quality open source development.
If you have a problem, please review the FAQ and Troubleshooting wiki pages. Searching the issues for your problem is also a good idea.
All bug-reports and suggestions should go through Github Issues or our Google Group (you can just send email to [email protected]). If you have a private question feel free to send email to [email protected].
- Fork it
- Create your feature branch (git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (git commit -am ‘Added some feature’)
- Push to the branch (git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create new Pull Request
Companies using Gor
- GOV.UK – UK Government Digital Service
- theguardian.com – Most popular online newspaper in the UK
- TomTom – Global leader in navigation, traffic and map products, GPS Sport Watches and fleet management solutions.
- 3SCALE – API infrastructure to manage your APIs for internal or external users
- Optionlab – Optimize customer experience and drive engagement across multiple channels
- TubeMogul – Software for Brand Advertising
- Videology – Video advertising platform
- ForeksMobile – One of the leading financial application development company in Turkey
- Granify – AI backed SaaS solution that enables online retailers to maximise their sales
- And many more!
If you are using Gor, we are happy to add you to the list and share your story, just write to: [email protected]
Leonid Bugaev, @buger, https://leonsbox.com