Universal Magnetic Card Reader MSR100 (3 tracks)
The MSR100 dual-head triple-track magnetic stripe card reader has a built-in USB cable to connect to the host system, and can be used to swipe and read the magnetic stripe on the back of a credit or debit card or another magnetic stripe card.
The MSR100 dual-head triple-track magnetic stripe card reader has a built-in USB cable to connect to the host system, and can be used to swipe and read the magnetic stripe on the back of a credit or debit card or another magnetic stripe card. Tripletrack magnetic card readers can read and capture data from all three tracks typically present in a magnetic stripe to complete a transaction. Two magnetic heads allow a card to be read with one swipe, whichever way the magnetic stripe is facing.
The bidirectional configuration of the reader enables cards to be swiped backward or forward at a speed of up to 60″ per second. The built-in USB cable can be plugged into the USB 2.0 port of a computer or another host system to transmit card data and power the magnetic card reader. USB keyboard emulation enables the reader to transmit data to host systems and applications designed to receive keyboard input. An LED indicator turns red to alert the user of a decoding error.
- Technic Details: Recording Density: 201 BPI, 75 BPI or 210 BPI
- Recording Capacity: 79 Characters, 40 Characters or 107 Characters
- Power Supply: +5V DC ±5%
- Power Consumption: 65mA(max.)
- Head Function: Read only 1.5mm
- Card Thickness: Plastic 0.76 ± 0.08mm
- Operation Speed: 10- 150cm/sec
- Error Rate: Less than 0.5%
- Interface: USB
- Operation Locus: Indoors only
- Cable length: 150cm
- Dimension(L x W x H): 90 x 26 x 28mm
- Lifetime of Header: 800,000 card passes (1 pass: one swipe)
- Weight: Appro. 90g